Connection pooler / LDAP auth / Load Balancing on read-only queries - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Achilleas Mantzios
Subject Connection pooler / LDAP auth / Load Balancing on read-only queries
Date
Re: Connection pooler / LDAP auth / Load Balancing on read-only queries
List pgsql-admin
Dear Members

I am searching (like many others) of the holy grail of PostgreSQL
pooling + Load Balancing . Ideally I would like :

- A pgbouncer with better/native LDAP (not PAM) / and eventually
Kerberos support

- A pgbouncer enhanced with load balancing read-only queries (like pgpool)

or

- A pgpool-II with better resources utilization / more efficient pooling
(like pgbouncer)

There are other solutions available pgcat (no LDAP), odyssey (no load
balancing) , pgagroal, supavisor, none of which seem to cover the above.

Some ppl advice , keeping pgbouncer close to the app(s) and pgpool close
to the DB. But kinda had mixed feelings putting the two work together.

I'd like to ask if there any thoughts or even hopes that some of the
above will be available in a single software, or otherwise how do people
tackle this.

Thank you

--
Achilleas Mantzios