Re: About EXECUTE in pl/pgsql - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: About EXECUTE in pl/pgsql
Date
List pgsql-sql
"jack" <datactrl@tpg.com.au> writes:
> I do following in pl/pgsql. (st1 has been set to "LIKE 'abc%' ")

>  EXECUTE
>   ''CREATE TEMP TABLE comuser AS '' ||
>   ''SELECT * FROM comt_user1 WHERE username ''||St1||
>   ''ORDER BY username;'';

> I've got "ERROR: EXECUTE ..SELECT INTO hasn't impletmented", How can??

Ooops :-(.  That check was intended to prevent SELECT ... INTO table
from being used in EXECUTE, mainly because of the confusion factor
(SELECT INTO in plpgsql doesn't mean what it means in SQL, but the
SQL interpretation is what you'd get from EXECUTE).

However, the check wasn't intended to trigger on CREATE AS.

I've stuck a quick fix into the current sources.  Should be in 7.2.1.
        regards, tom lane