Re: compiler warnings on the buildfarm - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: compiler warnings on the buildfarm
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan@kaltenbrunner.cc> writes:
> What is the official stance on handling compiler warnings?

The compilers I use give me 1 or 2 warnings on HEAD, coming from flex's
sloppiness about not generating unused code.  I wouldn't care to work
with a compiler that generated more than a few.  At the same time,
I'm not prepared to contort the source code unduly to suppress what
you referred to as "spam" warnings from over-chatty compilers.

What would probably be useful if you want to pursue this is to filter
out the obvious spam like statement-not-reached, and see what's left.