Re: transaction_timestamp() - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: transaction_timestamp()
Date
List pgsql-admin
Samuel Stearns <SStearns@internode.com.au> writes:
> I have an archiving script running in an 8.3 environment using transaction_timestamp() for the INSERT and DELETE
operations. I want to run the same thing in an 8.1 environment but transaction_timestamp() does not exist in 8.1.
now()will not work because of the time that elapses between the INSERT and DELETE operations (I will end up losing some
data). Does anyone have any suggestions, please?

Um ... transaction_timestamp() is exactly the same thing as now().

Perhaps you need to go re-read
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/functions-datetime.html#FUNCTIONS-DATETIME-CURRENT

            regards, tom lane