Migration from SQLite Help (Left Join) - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Mitchell Vincent
Subject Migration from SQLite Help (Left Join)
Date
List pgsql-sql
SELECT c.customer_id as customer_id,c.customer_number as customer_number,
c.customer_name as customer_name,c.customer_status as
customer_status,cat.category_name as category_name,
c.bill_state as bill_state, coalesce(ctots.balance_due, 0.00) as
balance FROM customers as c,
customer_categories as cat
left join
(Select customer_id as cid, coalesce(sum(balance_due),0) as balance_due
FROM invoice_master WHERE status = 'Pending' group by cid) ctots on
ctots.cid = c.customer_id
where cat.category_id = c.category_id AND customer_name
LIKE lower('%%')  AND (c.customer_status = 'Terminated' OR
c.customer_status = 'Active' or c.customer_status = 'Inactive')
ORDER BY c.customer_number DESC  LIMIT 25

I know, it's a beast, but I'm porting an application from SQLite to
PostgreSQL and this is the only query that isn't working properly in
PostgreSQL.

The error is "ERROR: invalid reference to FROM-clause entry for table "c"
Hint: There is an entry for table "c", but it cannot be referenced
from this part of the query.
Character: 475" - it's the "on ctots.cid = c.customer_id " part that's breaking.

Is there any way to accomplish the same thing in PG?

--
- Mitchell Vincent
- K Software - Innovative Software Solutions