Re: pg_restore, search_path and operator class - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pg_restore, search_path and operator class
Date
List pgsql-general
"Jozsef Szalay" <jszalay@storediq.com> writes:
> 8.1.2 on Linux

> I've got a user defined data type that has been defined in the "public"
> schema. I use pg_dump to dump a table that has a column of this type:
> create myschema.mytable (id public.mytype primary key, name varchar);
> psql:mytable.dump:48: ERROR:  data type public.mytype has no default
> operator class for access method "btree"

Yeah, this is a known bug; it was fixed in ... umm ... 8.1.3 actually.

    * src/: backend/catalog/namespace.c, backend/commands/indexcmds.c,
    backend/utils/cache/typcache.c, include/catalog/namespace.h,
    include/commands/defrem.h (REL8_1_STABLE): Change search for
    default operator classes so that it examines all opclasses
    regardless of the current schema search path.  Since CREATE
    OPERATOR CLASS only allows one default opclass per datatype
    regardless of schemas, this should have minimal impact, and it
    fixes problems with failure to find a desired opclass while
    restoring dump files.  Per discussion at
    http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2006-02/msg00284.php.
    Remove now-redundant-or-unused code in typcache.c and namespace.c,
    and backpatch as far as 8.0.

            regards, tom lane