Re: Use of the LIMIT clause ? - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Use of the LIMIT clause ?
Date
List pgsql-admin
Spy <spy@joystick.fr> writes:
> Tom Lane a �crit :
>> Is that actually how MySQL interprets two parameters?  We treat them
>> as count and offset respectively, which definition I thought was the
>> same as MySQL's.

> But MySQL's syntax is different, as found on
> http://www.mysql.com/doc/S/E/SELECT.html :
> "SELECT [STRAIGHT_JOIN] [SQL_SMALL_RESULT] [SQL_BIG_RESULT]
> [SQL_BUFFER_RESULT]
> [...]
>         [LIMIT [offset,] rows]"

That's annoying; looks like we do it backwards from MySQL.  Can anyone
confirm that this is how MySQL behaves (maybe it's a typo on this
documentation page)?

Should we consider changing ours if it is different?  Are there any
other RDBMSes that implement two-parameter LIMIT?

            regards, tom lane