Re: Problem with seeing views - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Problem with seeing views
Date
List pgsql-general
Ellen Cyran <ellen@urban.csuohio.edu> writes:
> I am using psql on two different Linux machines
> and I am also using pgaccess to connect to
> postgreSQL 7.1.2 from my PC.  My problem is that using '\d'
> on the one Linux server, I don't see the views.
> When accessing either server through pgaccess,
> I don't see any views, but I can create views.

A first guess is that the two servers are different PG versions
and you are using the same psql to talk to both of them.  The
SQL commands psql uses for "\d" and related catalog queries
unfortunately are rather version-dependent, and don't always work
across a mismatched server & psql.

Try "select version()" to check the server version, and do "psql -V"
to check psql's.

            regards, tom lane