Re: Regression test CREATE USER/ROLE usage - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Regression test CREATE USER/ROLE usage
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> * Tom Lane (tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us) wrote:
>> broken that way as rowsecurity.sql, which is (still) creating roles
>> named "alice" and "bob", but it's not acceptable like this.

> Attached is a patch to fix all of the role usage in rowsecurity.sql
> (I believe, feel free to let me know if there's anything else).  In
> particular, all of the roles are changed to begin with 'regress_', and
> they are all now created with NOLOGIN.

+1 for the general idea, although there's something to be said for
using names like 'regress_alice' and 'regress_bob' in this context.
'regress_user1' and 'regress_user2' are awfully gray and same-y,
and therefore a bit error-prone IMO.