Re: UUID generation problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: UUID generation problem
Date
List pgsql-general
"James B. Byrne" <byrnejb@harte-lyne.ca> writes:
> On Mon, October 5, 2020 10:53, Tom Lane wrote:
>> I continue to suspect that you are somehow
>> confusing yourself by testing in different databases and/or
>> with different user accounts.

> Possibly.  I do not make any definitive claims at this point.  However, the
> application properties of the DB connection are:

> Connection=xyzCConnection[name\=accounting.harte-lyne.ca
> {localhost-idempiere-idempiere_dbadmin},
> AppsHost\=accounting.harte-lyne.ca,
> WebPort\=8080,
> SSLPort\=8443,
> type\=PostgreSQL,
> DBhost\=localhost,
> DBport\=5432,
> DBname\=idempiere,
> BQ\=false,
> FW\=false,
> FWhost\=,
> FWport\=0,
> UID\=idempiere_dbadmin,
> PWD\=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]

Hm, is "UID" really how they spell "database user name"?  Doesn't seem
terribly consistent with the other field names you show here.

> [root@accounting-2 ~ (master)]# psql --dbname=idempiere
> --username=idempiere_dbadmin

psql, by default, is going to try to connect to a Unix socket.
I wonder if you've got two postmasters on that machine and the
other one is what's answering TCP port 5432.  You might try
explicitly saying "--host=localhost" here.

            regards, tom lane