Re: Error creating tables. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jean-Christophe Boggio
Subject Re: Error creating tables.
Date
List pgsql-general
Salut Aristide,

Le Thursday, October 12, 2000 à 7:23:18 PM, tu me disais:

AA> create table test (id serial, name varchar(10) ) ;
AA> returns:
AA> NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE will create implicit sequence 'test_id_seq' for SERIAL column 'test.id'
AA> NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE/UNIQUE will create implicit index 'test_id_key' for table 'test'
AA> ERROR:  cannot create test_id_seq

Maybe the test_id_seq sequence already exists (you created the table
already, dropped it and, as someone said today, the DROP does not
automagically get rid of the automagic sequence created when you
declare a SERIAL field).

You can try :
DROP SEQUENCE test_id_seq;

Just guessing...