Re: create batch script to import into postgres tables - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Pepe TD Vo
Subject Re: create batch script to import into postgres tables
Date
Re: create batch script to import into postgres tables  (Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>)
List pgsql-general
I can run \copy in Linux with individual csv file into the table fine and run import using pgadmin into AWS instance.  I am trying to run \copy all csv files import into its own table in Linux and in AWS instance. If all csv files into one table is fine but each csv for each table.  Should I create one batch job for each imported table?  If each batch file import csv to its table would be fine via \copy table_name(col1, col2, ... coln) from '/path/tablename.csv' delimiter ',' csv header;  right?

Also, the problem is I can't pull/execute psql from window client to pull the psql in aws instance and don't know how to create the batch script for this run.  I tried simple \copy pull from c:\tes.csv and psql is unknown.

Bach-Nga

No one in this world is pure and perfect.  If you avoid people for their mistakes you will be alone. So judge less, love, and forgive more.EmojiEmojiEmoji
To call him a dog hardly seems to do him justice though in as much as he had four legs, a tail, and barked, I admit he was, to all outward appearances. But to those who knew him well, he was a perfect gentleman (Hermione Gingold)

**Live simply **Love generously **Care deeply **Speak kindly.
*** Genuinely rich *** Faithful talent *** Sharing success

On Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 10:39:45 AM EDT, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:

On 6/16/20 7:30 AM, Pepe TD Vo wrote:
Please post to list also.
Ccing list.

> using psql in AWS instance
> also psql in Linux.  I can run psql in linux if create a batch file, but
> don't know how to pull psql in aws instance if the batch script run in
> Window client.  Also, I need help to pull each csv import to its own
> table.  Should I create each batch script for each import table?

So the AWS instance and Linux instance are different?

To me the simplest solution would be to push the CSV files to the AWS
instance and work from there. The files will need to be run through a
Postgres command to be imported into a table.

Are you familiar with
COPY(https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/sql-copy.html) or
\copy(https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/app-psql.html)?

--