Re: using index or check in ALTER TABLE SET NOT NULL - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Sergei Kornilov
Subject Re: using index or check in ALTER TABLE SET NOT NULL
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hello

> You should be able to use an event trigger that raises a message when
> table_rewrite is hit, to notify the test driver that a rewrite happens.
Here is no table rewrite, only verify. So here EventTriggerTableRewrite is not called. Or i missed something?

> ISTM that depending on DEBUG messages is bad because debugging lines
> added elsewhere will make your tests fail;
I agree and this is reason why i not used DEBUG message in tests as was proposed. I found INFO messages in tests and
decidedthat this was an acceptable option year ago.

> and INFO is generally frowned upon (I, for one, would frown upon an INFO message raised by ALTER
> TABLE, for sure.) so let's not do that either.
In this case we need remove INFO from ALTER TABLE ATTACH PARTITION code and tests. I think is a bad idea of using
differentrules for same stuff, right? Probably i can do this work too.

But it is necessary to decide how the test should look.

regards, Sergei