Re: BUG #7914: pg_dump aborts occasionally - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #7914: pg_dump aborts occasionally
Date
List pgsql-bugs
s-morita@beingcorp.co.jp writes:
> I encountered a strange error during pg_dump as below:
> ----
> pg_dump: Dumping the contents of table "t_file_data" failed: PQgetCopyData()
> failed.
> pg_dump: Error message from server: lost synchronization with server: got
> message type "d", length 21861

Hm.  Can you create a reproducible test case for this?

> I think that pqCheckInBufferSpace() should be called only when inBuffer is
> left-justified like this:
> 1432:      if (conn->inStart == 0 && pqCheckInBufferSpace(conn->inCursor +
> (size_t) msgLength - 4,

I think changing that code that way would break the considerations
mentioned in pqParseInput3; nor is it clear why this would help, anyway.
It doesn't seem likely that the buffer is so large that it can't be
enlarged by another 20K.

            regards, tom lane