Re: Query stucked in pg_stat_activity - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Query stucked in pg_stat_activity
Date
List pgsql-general
Jan Wieck <JanWieck@Yahoo.com> writes:
>> Jan, any thoughts?

> The reset call is supposed to throw away everything. If it leaves crap
> behind, I'd call that a bug.

resetcounters only thinks it is supposed to zero the counters for the
current database.  That seems considerably different from "throw away
everything".  In any case, with autovacuum coming up fast on the outside
it doesn't seem that we want to encourage people to reset the stats on
a routine basis.

> IIRC the pg_stat functions don't examine the shared memory, but rely
> entirely on information from the stats file. It sure would be possible
> to add something there that checks the PGPROC array.

Yeah.  I'll take a look at doing this.

            regards, tom lane