Re: narwhal and PGDLLIMPORT - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: narwhal and PGDLLIMPORT
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On 2014-02-17 15:02:15 +0000, Dave Page wrote:
>> On Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 2:58 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>>> In 9.3, narwhal is *still* showing a PGDLLIMPORT-type failure that no
>>> other Windows critter is unhappy about:

>> Well, as we know, Narwhal is really quite old now. I think I built it
>> seven+ years ago. Is it really worth banging heads against walls to
>> support something that noone in their right mind should be using for a
>> build these days?

> The problem is that lots of those issues are bugs that actually cause
> problems for msvc builds. If there were tests in worker_spi it'd quite
> possibly crash when run in 9.3. The problem is rather that the other
> animals are *not* erroring.

Exactly.

Although on second thought, the lack of complaints from other Windows
animals can probably be blamed on the fact that we didn't back-port
any of the recent hacking on the Windows build processes.  Maybe we
should think about doing so, now that the dust seems to have settled.

We still need to know why narwhal is crashing on dblink though.
I have a bad feeling that that may indicate still-unresolved
linkage problems.