Re: BUG #2898: dynamic load support - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #2898: dynamic load support
Date
List pgsql-bugs
"Pankaj" <pankajsrivs@yahoo.com> writes:
> creating conversions....FATAL: dynamic load not supported
> STATEMENT: CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION...............

> Please let us know the cause of the above error.

The encoding conversion code is all in dynamically-loaded libraries.
(There are some other things that we expect to be able to load
dynamically too, such as the various PL languages, but this happens
to be what you'll hit first during initdb.)

I think you probably need to add some code to src/backend/port/dynloader/
to support LynxOS.  Please send a patch if you get it working.

            regards, tom lane