Re: Can't install plpython on Windows 8.0 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Can't install plpython on Windows 8.0
Date
List pgsql-general
"Steve - DND" <postgres@digitalnothing.com> writes:
>> createlang: language installation failed: ERROR:  could not load library
>> "C:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/8.0/lib/plpython.dll": dynamic load error

> Actually I just tried createlang with all of the pls(except plpgsql which is
> already installed). All of them fail with the same error.

Probably the problem has to do with not finding the underlying
language's DLL (eg, python.dll).  Unfortunately you're only seeing
"dynamic load error" in place of the actually useful information.
Someone needs to improve the stub in win32.c:

char *
dlerror(void)
{
    return "dynamic load error";