Re: Core Dump - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Core Dump
Date
List pgsql-general
"Ian Harding" <ianh@tpchd.org> writes:
> I hacked my pltcl.so the other day, but all has been well up to now.
> I added a few SPI_freetuptable() to keep pltcl from hogging all the
> memory.  I wonder if I hacked it a little wrong.

Looks that way.  The stack trace doesn't seem completely trustworthy,
though, so you might want to consider recompiling with --enable-debug.

Note that you seem to be inside a re-entrant use of pltcl (outer
function is triggering a trigger also written in pltcl).  I'm wondering
if your tuptable hacking is not taking account of the possibility of
re-entrancy.  This might be a bug that had been latent in pltcl all
along, and was only exposed when you tried to free stuff ...

            regards, tom lane