Re: Debian Sid broke Perl - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Debian Sid broke Perl
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I wrote:
> A bit of searching turned up this:

BTW, as far as I can tell from the underlying discussion at
there was no actual change in the existence of the shared
library, but what is now happening is that we are getting
a result reflecting the fact that /usr/bin/perl itself is
statically linked.

I wonder whether we could just drop the configure-time
test for useshrplib.  The worst-case scenario is that a user
grinds through a build and eventually gets an obscure link error,
but that's probably quite uncommon these days.