Re: Function C and INOUT parameters - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Function C and INOUT parameters
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Ben Ali Rachid <souliman239@yahoo.fr> writes:
> I posted my problem (on pgsql-interfaces list) about the INOUT parameters on PostgreSQL 8.3.6 (Win32), but without
success.I re-post my question here, while hoping to have more success.

You apparently have no understanding at all of how parameters are passed
to and from C-language functions in Postgres :-(.  Start here:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/xfunc-c.html

and note that any situation involving multiple OUT parameters is handled
as returning an anonymous composite type.  There are a number of
useful examples in the contrib modules.