Re: 7.4RC2 regression failur and not running stats collector process on Solaris - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: 7.4RC2 regression failur and not running stats collector process on Solaris
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Kurt Roeckx <Q@ping.be> writes:
> It's always a good idea to put localhost into dns too.

Yeah, but "localhost" *is* resolving as something on Kiyoshi's
machine, else a different error message would have appeared.

I'm wondering just what it resolved to though --- maybe we should
have made the error messages more verbose, or added a debug-level
message to show what addresses are being tried.