Re: [HACKERS] Time to change pg_regress diffs to unified by default? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Time to change pg_regress diffs to unified by default?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> I personally, and I know of a bunch of other regular contributors, find
> context diffs very hard to read.  Besides general dislike, for things
> like regression test output context diffs are just not well suited.

Personally, I disagree completely.  Unified diffs are utterly unreadable
for anything beyond trivial cases of small well-separated changes.

It's possible that regression failure diffs will usually fall into that
category, but I'm not convinced.