Re: Proposed patch to remove .so pattern rules from platform Makefiles - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Proposed patch to remove .so pattern rules from platform Makefiles
Date
List pgsql-patches
"Rocco Altier" <RoccoA@Routescape.com> writes:
> Please disregard this patch.  I have a ton of lib%.exp and similar files
> created currently.

Yeah, that was one of the reasons I called it ugly :-(.  I had put in an
"rm" step to get rid of lib%.so, you could probably fix the extraneous
.exp files similarly.

Alternatively we could look at expanding Makefile.shlib to provide %.so
pattern rules directly.  My patch was more intended as proof of concept
than anything we necessarily wanted to apply as-is.

            regards, tom lane