Re: [HACKERS] plpgsql problem.. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] plpgsql problem..
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Mitch Vincent" <mitch@venux.net> writes:
> Ok guys, brand new problem!
> Now the backend segfaults.

> StartTransactionCommand
> query: select * from invoice where invoice_number=1
> ProcessQuery
> CommitTransactionCommand
> pq_recvbuf: unexpected EOF on client connection
> proc_exit(0) [#0]
> shmem_exit(0) [#0]
> exit(0)
> /usr/local/pgsql/bin/postmaster: reaping dead processes...
> /usr/local/pgsql/bin/postmaster: CleanupProc: pid 75928 exited with status 0

> I get that in the log file.... Can anyone see anything that might point to
> the reason behind the segfault?

Um, I see no backend segfault there --- I see a backend exiting in a
perfectly orderly fashion after detecting that the client closed the
channel.  The client didn't send the expected "quit" (X) message,
which might or might not be normal behavior for that client.  But if
you've got a backend segfault problem, this doesn't document it...