Re: PLSQL function calling another function - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: PLSQL function calling another function
Date
List pgsql-general
<cyw@dls.net> writes:
> I am trying to figure out how to call one PLSQL function from another, specifically how to access the return values
fromthe callee.

> I made two test functions, A and B. A calls B.

> B returns two values:
>                 OUT tid integer
>                 OUT msg character varying

> In caller function A, I do the following:
>                 SELECT B(1) INTO rec;       -- rec declared as a RECORD

This produces a record containing a single composite column (named "b"),
as you would see if you did the same SELECT by hand:

regression=# select b(1);
 (100,MSG)
(1 row)

You will get the results you expect if you do something like

    select * into rec from b(1);

            regards, tom lane