Re: configure warnings - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: configure warnings
Date
List pgsql-bugs
"Peter Kovacs" <peter.kovacs.1.0rc@gmail.com> writes:
> I have just completed a successful compilation with cc. Still, cc gave a lot of

> (Bundled) cc: warning 922: "-Ae" is unsupported in the bundled
> compiler, ignored.
> (Bundled) cc: warning 922: "+O2" is unsupported in the bundled
> compiler, ignored.

Um.  You don't have their "real" cc then, just the brain-dead
non-optimizing one.  IMHO that's only fit for bootstrapping gcc ;-).
However, my experiences with it were on PA-RISC, which really
desperately needs an optimizing compiler to perform decently.
I don't know what the hit would be like on IA64.

You could try manually repairing gcc's copy of sys/types.h by adding
the stuff it's missing compared to /usr/include.  I'm not sure how
many other discrepancies there are and which if any might be critical.

            regards, tom lane