Re: Can't build postgresql-jdbc-8.2-505 on Fedora 7 - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Can't build postgresql-jdbc-8.2-505 on Fedora 7
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Dave Cramer <pg@fastcrypt.com> writes:
> This is a problem with the source level of the output. If 1.4.2 can
> build it, then java 1.5.0 certainly should be able to.

Yeah, somebody seems confused about which language level is in use,
but I dunno exactly which side's wrong.  If you think there's a
reasonable probability that this is gcj's fault, I can go pester
Red Hat's java guys.

> Oh, your using gcj ???

Yeah, RH went over to gcj some time ago.

> Any chance I can get a login ?

Sorry, I can't get you access to Red Hat's build machines (I have to go
through bureaucratic pushups to get shell access myself).  If you can
tell me specific things to look at I'm happy to do the legwork.  The
alternative would probably be for you to download and install F7 Test 4,
or whichever is the latest available snapshot.  It's a big download
though :-(

            regards, tom lane