Re: Query stucked in pg_stat_activity - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Query stucked in pg_stat_activity
Date
List pgsql-general
Csaba Nagy <nagy@ecircle-ag.com> writes:
>>> I've executed a "select pg_stat_reset();" as superuser, and all went
>>> away except the offending row...
>>
>> That only resets the I/O counts (and only for one database), not the
>> backend activity info.

> This reminds me I've forgot to ask, is there any other way of getting
> rid of those ghost entries than via big load ?

Not at the moment.  It might be worth teaching the pgstats code to
cross-check the activity list every so often, but the only place
where it'd really fit naturally is vacuum_tabstats which is probably
not executed often enough to be helpful.

Or maybe we could just filter the data on the reading side: ignore
anything the stats collector reports that doesn't correspond to a
live backend according to the PGPROC array.

Jan, any thoughts?

            regards, tom lane