Re: [PORTS] Problem compiling on HP/Compaq Tru64 UNIX - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [PORTS] Problem compiling on HP/Compaq Tru64 UNIX
Date
List pgsql-general
"Ron Harter" <rharter@pobox.com> writes:
> We are trying to compile and install postgresql on Tru64 UNIX. We get some
> errors during the build saying NAN not defined.

AFAICS, all uses of NAN in the PG code are preceded by something like

#ifndef NAN
#define NAN        (0.0/0.0)
#endif

... which might or might not be the right thing for your platform, but
it certainly shouldn't yield an "undefined name" kind of error.

Could you be more specific about what error you're getting?
And where?

            regards, tom lane