Re: autovacuum causing numerous regression-test failures - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: autovacuum causing numerous regression-test failures
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I wrote:
> BTW, it would sure be nice to know what happened here:
> http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=wasp&dt=2006-08-28%2017:05:01
> LOG:  autovacuum process (PID 26315) was terminated by signal 11

I was able to cause autovac to crash by repeating contrib/intarray
regression test enough times in a row.  The cause is not specific
to autovac, it's a generic bug created by my recent patch to add
"waiting" status to pg_stat_activity.  If we block on a lock during
InitPostgres then the stats stuff isn't ready yet ... oops.
Patch committed.

The other issues remain problems however.