Re: Three weeks left until feature freeze - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Three weeks left until feature freeze
Date
Re: Three weeks left until feature freeze  (Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Thomas Hallgren <thomas@tada.se> writes:
> I'd like to submit PL/Java into core for 8.2 if possible. Personally, I see the following
> action items to make it happen:

What about licensing issues?  Does PL/Java work with any entirely-open-source
JVMs?  If not, what is the legal situation for distributing PG+PL/Java?

I'm also a bit concerned about size.  By my count, lines of source code:

plpgsql        19890
plperl        4902
plpython    4163
pltcl        4498
pljava 1.3.0    38711

IOW pljava is (already) bigger than the other four PLs put together.

I'm inclined to think that pljava is best off staying as a separate
project.