Re: user defined data type - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From vikas vashista
Subject Re: user defined data type
Date
List pgsql-novice
hi
thanx for your reply.

but my problem not solved till yet as i stated in previous mail.
I'm give more details of problem.

I had build a user define data type as
CREATE TYPE compfoo AS (f1 int, f2 text);

after that i had created a table AUDIT in which the fields are
(tablename of varchar, operation of varchar, and datachange of compfoo[])
but when i tried to insert values in datachange field its showing e error.
tell how can we used user defined data types ?
and what the actual procedure to insert values in that particular field having user defined datatype?

with regrds
vikas