Re: Table Spaces - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From pgsql@mohawksoft.com
Subject Re: Table Spaces
Date
List pgsql-hackers

>> the

>> > There is more than enough information om MSDN and other sites to make
>> > this kind of tool without looking at the source. It's generic enough.
>>
>> Let's just make sure we keep records of the generic sources of where we
>> find things. I get *really* scared when I see sentences like "I assume
>> we
>> can just look at the source and write our own version bypassing any
>> license." That is categorically a false asumption and will create an
>> arguably derived product. The last thing we want is Oracle or Microsoft
>> trying to pull an SCO on Postgresql.
>
> Usually we look at the source, find out how they do it, then find the
> docs for the underlying functions, and use that.

This makes me worried. That's the way we *used* to do things, but the
sleazy IP lawyers are looking for anything with which they can create the
impression of impropriety. The open source and free projects are ground
zero for this crap.

We *really* need to be careful.