Transaction wraparound and read committed isolation level - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From PG Doc comments form
Subject Transaction wraparound and read committed isolation level
Date
List pgsql-docs

Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/15/routine-vacuuming.html

hey guys

thanks for the work you do we really appreciate it.

In the transaction wraparound section this statement is misleading and got
me really confused.

“a row version with an insertion XID greater than the current transaction's
XID is “in the future” and should not be visible to the current
transaction“

If the current transaction isolation level is read committed it absolutely
can see rows committed by future transactions with higher XIDs.

Would be cool to add a note.

this also bear the question that the wraparound isn’t really a problem with
default isolation level but more for higher levels such as repeatable read
and such.

please correct me if my understanding is incorrect.