Re: [BUGS] Replication to Postgres 10 on Windows is broken - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [BUGS] Replication to Postgres 10 on Windows is broken
Date
List pgsql-bugs
> On 2017-08-06 18:04:49 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> io_flag has to be *just* the I/O condition, because we use it in a test
>> after the WaitLatchOrSocket call.

> Hm, right. Wouldn't be particularly consequential,

Yes, it would be.  The entire point of this loop is to avoid blocking
in PQconnectPoll, and that's not guaranteed unless we honor the contract
of only calling it when we've gotten the read-ready or write-ready status
it asked for.