Re: Tsearch vs Snowball, or what's a source file? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Tsearch vs Snowball, or what's a source file?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Teodor Sigaev <teodor@sigaev.ru> writes:
> 2 Snowball's compiling infrastructure doesn't support Windows target.

Yeah.  Another problem with using their original source code is that
running the Snowball compiler during build would not work for
cross-compiled builds of Postgres, at least not without solving the
problem of building some code for the host platform instead of the
target.

So what I'm thinking now is we should import libstemmer instead of the
snowball_code representation.  I haven't gotten as far as thinking about
exactly how to lay out the files though.