Re: BUG #12821: Cannot install xlogdump - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Ha Quan Le
Subject Re: BUG #12821: Cannot install xlogdump
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Dear Mr Paquier,

May I ask this question

I installed postgres-conrib by

sudo apt-get install postgresql-contrib-9.3
sudo service postgresql stop
sudo service postgresql start

Now I found my pg_xlogdump at

$ sudo find / -name pg_xlog*
/usr/lib/postgresql/9.3/bin/pg_xlogdump
/usr/share/postgresql/9.3/man/man1/pg_xlogdump.1.gz
/usr/share/man/man1/pg_xlogdump.1.gz
/db/postgres_wal/pg_xlog
/db/postgres_data/main/pg_xlog
/etc/alternatives/pg_xlogdump.1.gz

Hence I ran
$ cd /usr/lib/postgresql/9.3/bin/
$ sudo pg_xlogdump /db/postgres_wal/pg_xlog/00000001000000000000000B
But error

sudo: pg_xlogdump: command not found

I tried again without sudo

$ pg_xlogdump /db/postgres_wal/pg_xlog/00000001000000000000000B

error
-bash: pg_xlogdump: command not found

May you support,
Ha.