Re: Correction of how to use TimeZone by ControlFile(xlog.c) - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Correction of how to use TimeZone by ControlFile(xlog.c)
Date
List pgsql-patches
> Tom's idea of a log_timezone seems to make sense.

Here's a preliminary patch for this --- no docs yet, but code is all
there.  Seems to work OK.  The patch is larger than it'd really have to
be because I chose to rename global_timezone to session_timezone;
I thought it'd be confusing to have something called "global_timezone"
that actually has a narrower scope than "log_timezone".

This wouldn't do for backpatching of course.  My inclination for a
backpatch is to just take %Z out of the strftime formats for Windows,
as we did in several places already.

Comments?

            regards, tom lane

Attachment