Re: Avoiding bad prepared-statement plans. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Avoiding bad prepared-statement plans.
Date
Re: Avoiding bad prepared-statement plans.  (Mark Mielke <mark@mark.mielke.cc>)
List pgsql-hackers
Alex Hunsaker <badalex@gmail.com> writes:
> I did seem to miss the part where everyone thinks this is a crock...
> But I don't remember seeing numbers on parse time or how much
> bandwidth this would potentially save.  People seem to think it would
> be a big savings for just those 2 reasons?  Or did I miss some other
> benefit?

Uh, no, this isn't about saving either parse time or bandwidth.
The discussion is about when to expend more planning time in hopes
of getting better plans.