Re: Why I like partial solutions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Why I like partial solutions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> So, when we review patches, we shouldn't be turning up our noses at
> imperfect solutions if the solution meets needs of our users.

I think our standards have gone up over the years, and properly so.
The fact that we put in hacks some years ago doesn't mean that we
still should.

I don't really mind hacks^H^H^Hpartial solutions that are clean subsets
of the functionality we want to have eventually.  I do object to hacks
that will create a backwards-compatibility problem when we want to do it
right.