Mapping Database completly into memory - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Daniel Migowski
Subject Mapping Database completly into memory
Date
List pgsql-performance
Hallo pgsql-performance,

I just wondered if there is a possibility to map my database running
on a linux system completly into memory and to only use disk
accesses for writes.

I got a nice machine around with 2 gigs of ram, and my database at
the moment uses about 30MB on the disks.

Or does Postgresql do this automtatically, with some cache adjusting
parameters, and after doing a select * from <everything> on my
database?

Thank you and ciao,
 Mig-O