Embedded SQL timestamp Question (ECPG) - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Lee Kindness
Subject Embedded SQL timestamp Question (ECPG)
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
Just use a double, e.g. something along the lines of:
EXEC SQL BEGIN DECLARE SECTION;double l_tstamp;EXEC SQL END DECLARE SECTION;
l_tstamp =  (double)seconds;l_tstamp += (double)microsecs / 1000000.0;
EXEC SQL INSERT INTO table(column) VALUES(:l_tstamp);

Watch out for timezones...

Greg Markham writes:> I'm trying to use embedded SQL to load some tables and I'm having some > trouble being able to
createtimestamps using PGTYPEStimestamp_current > routine to create a timestamp before using it in a insert statement.
>The issue is that the timestamp that gets created is only to the > second.  I need it to the microsecond.  I will use
thistimestamp as > part of the primary key of two tables.  Does anyone know how to create a > timestamp object (using
PGTYPEStimestamp_currentor not) that when > insert via embedded SQL will create a timestamp out to at least 6 >
milliseconds(i.e. 2004-06-29 12:59:59.999999)?> > Thank you in advance for any help,> > - Greg Markham>
gmarkham@markhamdirect.com