BUG #16603: Permission issue - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From PG Bug reporting form
Subject BUG #16603: Permission issue
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      16603
Logged by:          PostgreSQL create database with full privileges granted to one specific
user.
Email address:      yuri6037@outlook.com
PostgreSQL version: 12.4
Operating system:   Linux and Windows

The following MySQL query: GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON database_name.* TO
'username'@'localhost'; allows one to assign one database to a given user.
That includes ALL permissions even database creation.
Currently this behavior is impossible in PostgreSQL: One can create a
database and GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES however this won't grant the CREATEDB
permission on that database. The bug/issue here is that CREATEDB cannot be
assigned to a specific database/user combination.

Currently this bug prevents development of some applications. As such in one
of my application I was forced to drop support for PostgreSQL and return to
MySQL.