Re: alter user set local_preload_libraries. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: alter user set local_preload_libraries.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Kyotaro HORIGUCHI <horiguchi.kyotaro@lab.ntt.co.jp> writes:
> postgres=# alter user horiguti2 set local_preload_libraries='libname';
> ERROR:  parameter "local_preload_libraries" cannot be set after connection start

Hm ... it's kind of annoying that that doesn't work; it's certainly not
hard to imagine use-cases for per-user or per-database settings of
local_preload_libraries.  However, I'm not sure if we apply per-user or
per-database settings early enough in backend startup that they could
affect library loading.  If we do, then the ALTER code needs to be
taught to allow this.