Re: Considering Gerrit for CFs - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Considering Gerrit for CFs
Date
Re: Considering Gerrit for CFs  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
> I suggest, build it and they will come, or not.  Let people push their
> patches into Gerrit and attach the reviews to the commit fest items.  If
> reviewers then want to use that, it's their choice.  We'll see how it goes.

I might be misunderstanding what you're suggesting here, but it sounds
like this would imply that reviews could end up off in a Gerrit repo
somewhere, never getting posted to the mailing lists at all.  That would
make me sad.  The list archives are this project's community memory,
and I have every expectation that they'll still be around and useful
when Gerrit is forgotten.  I don't object to people using their
tools-of-choice to perform reviewing, but we need some way of making
sure that the reviews get archived.