Re: Overloaded && operator from intarray module prevents index usage. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Overloaded && operator from intarray module prevents index usage.
Date
List pgsql-general
Michael Lewis <mlewis@entrata.com> writes:
> Can you dumb down how to change the index or column type such that an index
> will be used for the && operator while intarray extension is installed? We
> have the intarray extension installed and I doubt that I can get it
> removed.

There's no magic nice solution to this, or we'd have told you about it.

Possible options:

1. Remove intarray extension.
2. Move intarray extension to a schema that's not in your search path.
3. Create an index using intarray's opclass, instead of or in addition
   to the core-opclass index.
4. Rename intarray's && operator to something else (will bite you at
   next dump/reload, where the renaming will be lost).
5. Always schema-qualify references to the core && operator.

All of these have obvious downsides, especially if you're actively
using the intarray extension for other purposes.

            regards, tom lane