Re: Odbcapi30.c - 64 bit compiler warning cleanup - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Odbcapi30.c - 64 bit compiler warning cleanup
Date
List pgsql-odbc
"Dave Page" <dpage@vale-housing.co.uk> writes:
>> From: Ludek Finstrle [mailto:luf@pzkagis.cz]
>> I don't solve the problem in options.c where 64-bit pointer may
>> be passwd throught 32-bit number. I don't know how to solve it.

> No nor I. Any chance of a little help with this one please Tom?

I assume that you can't alter the signature of PGAPI_SetConnectOption,
ie, vParam really has to be SQLUINTEGER and not some other type?

If so, I'd argue that that whole block (the "if (fOption == 30002 &&
vParam)" stuff) ought to be #ifdef WIN32.  It's certainly useless on
any other platform, and Microsoft is never going to figure out how
to 64-bit-ify that pile of junk they call an OS, so no need to bend
our brains wondering how this would work on 64-bit Windows.

            regards, tom lane