Re: "make check" fails for 7.4.2 checked out from CVS - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: "make check" fails for 7.4.2 checked out from CVS
Date
List pgsql-general
> No we don't, because we set the rpath and our installation routines take
> care that in the target directory the libfoo.so.X is in fact the latest
> library.  The only problem that make check has is that it bypasses the
> prober installation routines, in a sense.

Okay, so the point is that the embedded rpath trumps the LD_LIBRARY_PATH
that pg_regress.sh tries to supply.  Which in fact is the whole point of
rpath (not to be environment-sensitive) so I guess we can't complain.

Seems like the only real solution would be for "make check" to relink
psql to have an rpath pointing at the temp installation.  I wonder if
that's practical at all?

            regards, tom lane