Re: aggregate function ? - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Richard Broersma Jr
Subject Re: aggregate function ?
Date
List pgsql-novice
--- Raimon Fernandez <coder@montx.com> wrote:
> but maybe is a silly question, but I'm a really novice, i thought
> this should be really-really faster ... near 50 seconds is too much ...

Do worry,  we are gett closer to a working query.  Each round trip is providing more details that
will help us to craft a better query:

    SELECT A1.oid, A1.concepte, A1.deure, A1.haver,
           sum( COALESCE( A1.deure, 0 ) -
                COALESCE( A2.haver, 0 )) AS value_sum
      FROM Assentaments AS A1
INNER JOIN Assentaments AS A2
        ON A1.oid <= A2.oid
       AND A1.numero = A2.numero  --this should only preform a sum on a specify numero
     WHERE A1.numero=11189
  GROUP BY A1.oid, A1.concepte, A1.deure, A1.haver
  ORDER BY A1.oid;